Long Beach Motor Scooter Accident Lawyer
Motor scooter accidents are common throughout the state of California. These accidents could result in serious injuries, including broken bones and head injuries. If you were injured in a motor scooter accident that was caused by another party’s negligence, it is important to hire skilled legal counsel.
The Law Firm of Joseph H. Low IV in Long Beach is prepared to provide the knowledgeable and experienced guidance you need to navigate your case and pursue fair and just compensation. Founding attorney Joseph Low was named among California’s Top 10 Motor Vehicle Accident Verdicts in 2019 and has a “10.0 Superb” Avvo rating. Joseph Low has won hundreds of millions for his clients and is ready to fight for you.
Call us today at (562) 901-0840 to schedule a free consultation with a Long Beach motorcycle accident attorney and get started on your case.
Motor scooter accidents can happen for a number of reasons. These are some of the most common:
- Left turns: Motor scooters are often hit while traveling down the road when another vehicle makes a sudden left turn in front of them.
- Malfunctioning scooter: In some cases, the scooter itself may be the problem. When a motor scooter malfunctions, it could result in a terrible accident.
- Blind spots: Motor scooters are small and easy to miss. When drivers fail to check their blind spots, they could easily collide with a motor scooter.
- Poorly maintained streets: Potholes, litter, and other debris on the road could cause a motor scooter accident.
The injuries sustained in motor scooter accidents could be potentially severe, even catastrophic. These are some of the most common injuries suffered in these incidents and their effects:
- Broken bones, including those that break the skin, may require surgical intervention.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) may result in lifelong effects.
- Severe sprains can be painful and make it difficult to walk.
- Contusions or internal bleeding can cause loss of mobility in the area.
- Deep lacerations may cause nerve damage and life-threatening blood loss.
After being involved in a motor scooter accident, it is important to seek immediate medical attention, even if you do not think your injuries are severe. Documenting your injuries and medical care could help strengthen your personal injury claim.
If your motor scooter accident claim is successful, you could recover compensation for your injuries. Compensation may cover the following:
- Medical expenses, including hospital stays, medical treatments, physical therapy, prescription medication, and any expenses related to doctor’s appointments
- Expenses related to property damage, including a totaled motor scooter
- Lost wages and loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering, including mental anguish, reduced quality of life, loss of enjoyment of life, loss of consortium, and physical impairment
- Punitive damages may be awarded if the person responsible for the accident acted with maliciousness or gross negligence
In cases where a victim ultimately dies from their injuries, certain family members can file a wrongful death lawsuit. If you are filing a personal injury lawsuit, it is important to remember that the statute of limitations is two years in California. If time runs out, you will lose your chance to recover compensation.
For over 20 years, The Law Firm of Joseph H. Low IV has been dedicated to advocating for the rights of injured Californians. We are committed to providing the responsive and knowledgeable legal assistance you need during this difficult time.
Our Long Beach motor scooter accident lawyer has extensive experience handling major cases involving serious injuries. We will do everything in our power to help you get the justice you deserve and protect your rights every step of the way. Personal injury lawyer Joseph Low is a former U.S. Marine, and he is prepared to go to war with big, powerful corporations and interests on your behalf.
Call (562) 901-0840 to schedule a free initial consultation.