Long Beach Garbage Truck Accident Lawyers
Waste and garbage disposal trucks are massive in size, given their role. When fully loaded, these trucks weigh up to 50 tons. These conditions make them vulnerable on the road as they could cause accidents. Besides, they have blind spots that put other motorists at risk of being hit.
If you have been injured in an accident caused by a garbage truck in Long Beach, our dedicated Long Beach truck accident attorneys at The Law Firm of Joseph H. Low IV are ready to help you file a claim. We have helped many people get compensated for damages and have what it takes to increase your chances of getting a favorable outcome. Call (562) 901-0840 to speak to a qualified attorney.
Many factors increase the risk of garbage truck accidents. Here are some of the most common causes.
- Reckless Driving - While trash truck drivers must adhere to traffic rules and safety protocols, some become reckless and cause accidents.
- Defective Trucks - Garbage trucks perform extensive tasks that could wear down vital parts of their system. Accidents are bound to happen when crucial parts like brakes and tires become defective.
- Inexperienced Drivers - Garbage trucks need trained and experienced drivers. If an experienced driver gets behind the wheel of these trucks, they could easily cause accidents.
- Blind Spots - As mentioned earlier, garbage trucks are large and have several blind spots. Vehicles in these spots could be hit if the driver isn’t hyper-aware.
- Poor Weather Conditions - Extreme weather conditions could also result in garbage truck accidents, as some drivers lack the experience to navigate wet conditions.
Garbage and waste disposal trucks are bulky, large, and loud. The impact is often severe if they happen to run into another vehicle. Some of the common injuries suffered in a trash truck accident include:
- Crush Injuries - If you get compressed by a garbage truck, you will sustain severe injuries like internal bleeding and fractures. If the truck pins down a part of your body (like your leg), it could be damaged beyond repair and need an amputation.
- Broken Bones - Another common injury sustained in garbage truck accidents is broken bones. When a trash truck hits your car, the impact will be so huge that you get tossed around. This will see you sustain severe injuries like broken bones and joints.
- Spinal Cord Injuries - This is one of the most severe injuries suffered in a garbage truck accident. Any damage to your spine could leave you paralyzed or bedridden for the rest of your life.
- Fatality - Garbage trucks have an enormous weight and size that you cannot compare to a passenger vehicle. Any contact with a pedestrian could easily kill them. If you have lost a loved one due to the carelessness of a garbage truck driver, you have the right to file a claim.
Several parties could be held liable in a trash truck accident, the first being the truck driver. A truck driver must be trained and licensed before operating any vehicle, including garbage trucks. If the driver was careless and committed errors such as speeding in a residential area, they would be held liable for damages. The trucking company can also be held liable for damages. Trucking companies must ensure that the garbage trucks are in good condition and that their drivers follow traffic rules.
If you or your loved one has been injured in an accident caused by a trash truck, our experienced Long Beach personal injury lawyers at The Law Firm of Joseph H. Low IV are ready to help you file a claim. We have helped many truck accident victims in Long Beach get compensated, and we can increase your chances of getting a lucrative settlement. Call us today at (562) 901-0840 to schedule your appointment.