Long Beach Moving Truck Accident Lawyers
Although they are available in different sizes, moving trucks are all larger and heavier than the average passenger car. Whether driven by professional movers or individuals who rent them, they can cause serious injuries in a collision with a smaller vehicle. If you have been hurt in a moving truck accident that was someone else’s fault, speak with an experienced Long Beach truck accident attorney as soon as possible at (562) 901-0840, or toll-free (888) 454-5569.
Moving truck accidents can happen for many reasons. Large trucks are more difficult to maneuver and control on the road than passenger vehicles. Drivers who rent moving vans may lack experience and skill in operating this type of vehicle. Drivers traveling long distances in moving trucks may become tired behind the wheel. Some moving van drivers may be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Common causes of wrecks involving moving trucks include:
- Impaired driving
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Negligent hiring of moving truck drivers
- Failure to maintain trucks
- Improper loading or securing of cargo
- Overloaded trucks
- Defective vehicle parts
- Driver negligence
- Moving van company negligence in renting to drivers
- Inexperienced or untrained drivers renting moving trucks
In a collision involving a passenger vehicle and a large moving truck, occupants of the passenger vehicle are likely to suffer serious injuries. Moving truck accidents can cause a wide range of injuries, including:
- Head trauma and brain injuries
- Bone fractures and dislocations
- Internal organ damage and bleeding
- Crush injuries and amputations
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Whiplash and neck injuries
- Emotional trauma
If you have been involved in a Long Beach moving truck accident, your first priority is to get emergency medical treatment for your injuries if needed. Even if you do not believe your injuries are serious, it is important to see a doctor as soon as possible after the accident. Seeking medical treatment can not only protect your health but also document your injuries.
If you are able, gather as much information as possible at the scene of the crash, including names and contact information for all parties involved and any eyewitnesses. Use your phone to take pictures of the accident scene showing the damage to the vehicles, their relative positions, any skid marks or road debris, and street signs or an intersection to show the location of the crash. Contact an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible to protect your rights.
Your best chance of recovering full compensation for your injuries is to have an experienced Long Beach moving truck accident attorney handling your case. Our firm can:
- Conduct a thorough investigation of your accident and gather evidence to support your claim
- Calculate the full extent of your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering
- Negotiate skillfully on your behalf with the insurance company or trucking company for a fair settlement
- Represent you in court if necessary to recover the compensation you deserve
We believe that negligent individuals and companies should be held accountable for their actions. Our firm is dedicated to upholding your rights and fighting for your deserved compensation. Founding attorney Joseph H. Low is a seasoned Long Beach personal injury lawyer with a history of success for our clients. Contact The Law Firm of Joseph H. Low IV at (562) 901-0840 or toll-free at (888) 454-5569 to schedule a free consultation if you have been hurt in a moving truck accident caused by someone else’s negligence.