Long Beach Unsafe Lane Change Truck Accident Attorneys
Improper lane changes are dangerous regardless of the types of vehicles involved. Due to the size and weight of a truck, these accidents have the potential to be even more catastrophic or deadly. If you sustained injuries in a truck accident that was caused by an unsafe lane change, do not hesitate to reach out to The Law Firm of Joseph H. Low IV for skilled legal representation.
If you have been injured in a truck crash, now is the time to consult an experienced Long Beach truck accident attorney. Joseph Low was named for having one of California’s Top 10 Motor Vehicle Accident Verdicts in 2019. He has won hundreds of millions for his clients and is ready to fight for you.
Contact The Law Firm of Joseph H. Low IV at (562) 901-0840 to start exploring your legal options.
Trucks have massive blind spots by design. Although they have mirrors, they are not as helpful as they are on passenger vehicles, which is why these types of accidents are common. Truck drivers typically experience challenges seeing the following areas:
- The sides of the trailer: It is generally harder for a truck driver to see what is on the right side of the trailer compared to the left. The blind spot on the right side of the truck can extend several lanes, making it difficult to change lanes.
- In front of the truck cab: If a vehicle is particularly small or close to the front of the truck cab, the driver could miss it entirely, leading to a rear-end accident.
- Behind the trailer: Trailers do not have windows, and drivers cannot see behind them. If a car is too close to a truck as it is changing lanes, the vehicles could collide.
Although the design of a truck plays a significant role in unsafe lane changes, other contributing factors could create a dangerous situation. Some reasons why truck drivers make improper lane changes include the following:
- Distracted driving: If a truck driver is using a phone or engaging in any other activities, such as eating or changing the radio station, this could take their attention away from the road. As a result, they may make an unsafe lane change, resulting in an accident.
- Failure to use turn signal: Turn signals alert other drivers to a lane change. When a truck driver fails to use signals or if signal lights are malfunctioning, it could lead to disastrous results.
- Poorly trained drivers: Operating a truck requires a certain amount of experience and training. If the trucking company hires an inexperienced driver or fails to provide adequate training, they may not have the skills to change lanes safely.
After being injured in a Long Beach truck accident, it is important to hire an experienced attorney to pursue compensation for your injuries. If successful, there are numerous losses compensation could cover, including:
- Medical expenses, including surgeries, medication, physical therapy, and assistive devices
- Missed wages and reduced earning capacity
- Property damage, such as a totaled car
- Pain and suffering and emotional distress
If you were injured in a truck accident caused by an unsafe lane change, you should not hesitate to acquire skilled legal representation. At The Law Firm of Joseph H. Low IV, we can walk you through the process of filing your claim and pursuing compensation. Head attorney Joseph Low is a trial lawyer first and foremost, and as a former U.S. Marine, he has the tenacity to take on big corporations and fight on your behalf.
Our Long Beach unsafe lane change truck accident lawyer is here for you and can provide the exceptional legal guidance and advice you need during this difficult time. Get started on your truck accident case today by calling (562) 901-0840 to schedule a free initial case review.