Long Beach Murder Defense Attorneys
If you are facing homicide or other violent crime charges in California, you should contact The Law Firm of Joseph H. Low IV to ensure that your case is represented in an aggressive and professional manner. It is vital that you hire an experienced Long Beach homicide defense lawyer who has the knowledge and background necessary to have your case dismissed or to get shortest sentence possible.
California Penal Code Section 187 (a) defines murder as "the unlawful killing of a human being, or a fetus, with malice aforethought." There are different types and varying levels of homicide, which include:
- First-degree murder - Unlawful killing that was premeditated and deliberate.
- Second-degree murder - Intentional murder that was not premeditated; or a death caused by another person's dangerous behavior or negligence.
- Criminal homicide - Homicide which was performed intentionally, such as murder or voluntary manslaughter.
- Excusable homicide - Homicide that results from an accident, in which the defendant is excused because he or she did not break the law or intend to harm the deceased.
- Justifiable homicide - Non-criminal homicide in which proof is necessary to show that the homicide was not a criminal act.
- Manslaughter - The killing of a person without premeditation or malice.
In some states, the following crimes may result in a death penalty upon conviction:
- First degree murder
- Destructive murder (by using a destructive device)
- Aiding in a first degree murder (without committing the murder)
- Murder of a police officer
- Murder of a judge
You have a lot at stake, including your reputation, future, and freedom if you have been charged with murder. A homicide conviction may carry with it a lengthy prison term, life sentence, or death penalty depending upon the circumstances. Contact us immediately at (888) 454-5569 to make sure that you get aggressive legal representation you require.
Murder Case Results
- First Degree Murder (with 5 Recorded Confessions): Dismissed
- Second Degree Murder: Dismissed
- Manslaughter: Dismissed
- Negligent Homicide: Dismissed
- Charge: Attempted murder; Result: Dismissed
- Charge: 187 - Murder; Result: Not Guilty
- Charge: Second degree murder; Result: Not Guilty
- Charge: Manslaughter; Result: Not guilty
Click here for more case results.