Five Things to Do that Will Help Your Personal Injury Claim
When your life is shaken by an injury-causing accident in Long Beach, such as a bike crash, car collision, or worksite accident, it’s understandable that you may be too overwhelmed to know what to do first. If your pain and suffering was caused by another person’s reckless actions or wrongdoing, it can be even more emotionally draining.
In order to protect your rights and ensure that you receive the compensation you need to recover, keep the following steps in mind.
- Seek medical attention immediately. It is better to see a doctor as soon as possible after an accident to assess your injuries, rather than wait and have the at-fault party’s insurance company claim that you were injured at a different time. It will also be beneficial to have medical records that document when you were injured and how badly.
- Gather necessary information. If you are able to, collect contact information at the site of the accident from those involved and eyewitnesses, photograph the location and your injuries, and be sure to write down everything you can remember leading up to, during, and after the incident.
- Speak with an attorney before you talk to an insurance company. Unfortunately, insurance companies are interested in saving money and train adjusters to deny valid claims. Consult with a lawyer to learn about how you should respond to the insurance company.
- Hire a skilled Long Beach personal injury lawyer. The success of your claim depends on who you have on your side to fight for you. Find an experienced lawyer with a successful track record of handling similar injury cases.
- File an injury claim as soon as possible. Most personal injury claims have a statute of limitations regarding when you can seek compensation for your suffering. If you wait too long, you may forfeit the reimbursement you are entitled to receive.
Long Beach personal injury attorney Joseph H. Low IV is passionate about protecting his clients’ rights and will work tirelessly to build an effective case to help each client obtain the compensation they deserve. If you or a loved one has been injured as the result of another person’s recklessness or wrongdoing, contact The Law Firm of Joseph H. Low IV to assist you before filing a claim. Call (888) 454-5569 to schedule a free case evaluation.